… well kind of working. After weeks of tinkering with my lovely Adana press, I am pr
oud to say that at long last I have made my first impression! The journey has been quite difficult, but I must say that I have taken the time to get to know my press, as I have had to take it apart, get
new parts, throw in some paint and voila, I am almost up and running.
The biggest set back was adjusting some of the screws to get an even impression. I am still working on it, however my frustration was at it’s peak when I was trying to press a vintage woodblock that I had found, and I later found out that it is a bit warped- hence, uneven impression. I immidiatley tried another block and SUCCESS!
There are still a couple of items on my list that I would like to get, including:
New inks (the ones that I have right now tend to dry pretty quickly)
I’ve decided that I am going to start with little projects such as personalized stationary for friends, giftcards for the little kids in my family, and some other stuff to practice.